The Bilora Special Box camera was manufactured by the Kurbi & Niggeloh (Bilora) Company of Radevormwald, Germany beginning in 1954. This box camera was constructed of metal with a leatherette covering and an art deco etched faceplate. It was capable of capturing 6 X 9 cm exposures on no. 120 roll film. It was fitted with a fixed focus portrait lens in a simple instantaneous shutter. It has an additional close-up lens for distances of 1.5 – 3 m and sockets for flash at the top.