Digital Photography Exhibition is an ambitious project by BAF/PhotoMuse with two major objectives. The first is to make a substantial collection of digital photographs to be later used as research samples of the medium as it exists now in the community, and the second is to raise funds for the ongoing construction of the museum of photography. It is conceived as a juried long-running digital and physical exhibition of photography for which anyone with any nationality and age may submit digital photographs made with any digital equipment including mobile phones.
Celebrating the medium of digital photography as both art and craft, we invite your participation in this country-wide presentation of India’s vernacular visual culture. PhotoMuse seeks seminal photography that is created by professional artists, amateurs, and the general public alike. Regardless of whether you have a camera or a mobile phone, as long as you enjoy the art of picture taking, your participation is invited. With this exhibition, PhotoMuse will collect and archive a cross-section of the medium as it exists in 2022.
- A huge panel of master photographers selects from your pictures for a long-running online/print exhibition. This is one of the largest panels of the international jury in a photography exhibition. The jury may select any number of images if they think worth exhibiting. They will also select one category winner per category.
- There are 22 categories for submission with a single jury member for each category. Participants can enter one or more categories. The program is based on the ‘single-image-tells-the-whole-story’ concept. Hence there is no option for entering an interconnected ‘series of images’ based on the same theme. There is no option for detailed captioning or statements either. But the participant is free to add a very short caption and place and year in the image title, especially in the documentary category. Ex: Kadar Tribe_Kerala_2021.jpg
- All the entries qualify for the ‘One Million Exhibition’ in the USA, organized by Cleveland Photo Fest.
- All participants win Museum Certificates from PhotoMuse & and a Certificate of Participation from Cleveland Photo Fest. Category Winners are awarded Life Memberships & free exhibitions organized by PhotoMuse. A Grand Winner is awarded a one-man show of his/her work fully organized by PhotoMuse.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- The participant can be of any age. Participants below 18 years have the additional option of submitting to the category ‘Children below 18 years’. They can also submit to all other categories.
- Any digital photograph made with any digital camera or mobile phone can be submitted.
- You may send images of any file size assuring a decent picture quality. The pictures taken in any year can be submitted too.
- CATEGORIES: People & Portraiture, Womanhood, Landscape, Architecture, Photo-based Digital Art, Close-ups & Macro, Pictorial, Water (Lake, River, Ocean), Travel, Agriculture & Human labour, Heritage & Monuments, Festivals & Rituals, Village Life, Cityscapes & Life, Light & Night, Nature & Wildlife, Documentary, Abstracts, Conceptual, Street, Selfie, Children Below 18 Years.
- SUBMIT VIA ANY DIGITAL MEDIUM (E-mail, WhatsApp, Messenger, CD, DVD, Pen Drive etc.)
- THERE IS ONLY ONE CONDITION – THE PHOTO HAS TO BE YOUR OWN CREATION and you have to be the copyright owner. Any violation of copyright may lead to legal issues and the participant will solely be responsible for whatsoever issues that may arise. The Better Art Foundation or PhotoMuse holds no responsibility in such instances.
- Anyone who donates Rs. 100 to PhotoMuse Museum Fund is eligible to submit up to THREE pictures to one or more categories. If you donate Rs.200, you are eligible for up to 6 pictures, and 9 pictures for 300, and so on. But, if you donate Rs.1000, you are eligible to submit up to 100 photos.
- Use any digital payment mode (BHIM, Google Pay, account transfer, etc.) for donating. Send the pictures, name of the participant, age, address, the receipt of payment (or a screenshot). Always send all this information and pictures from the same phone number or email to avoid confusion.
WhatsApp No: 8129977032
Google Pay, BHIM and other UPI platforms: betterartfoundation@upi
Better Art Foundation Accounts:
Federal Bank, Kodaly Branch
No:17000100085522, IFSC: FDRL0001700
State Bank of India, Kodaly Branch
No: 67302846487, IFSC: SBIN0070736
Submission: Begins on March 22, 2022
First deadline: April 12, 2022
Final deadline: Apil 30, 2022
Selection Process: May 10 to May 20
Announcement of results: June 10
Online Exhibition: June 10
Gallery Exhibition: To be announced later.