Koodu Nature Magazine and PhotoMuse join hands to find and promote the best of talent in Nature and Environmental photography in the country. The contest, which is open to all Indian citizens, is conducted with the goals of spreading environmental awareness, and of inspiring a sense of responsibility among photographers and for encouraging the art and craft of nature photography among the young as well as the experienced.
The salient features of the contest are as follows:
- There will be two categories – 1. Nature and its creatures ( nature, natural phenomenon, creatures in their natural habitat) Environment and its threats ( Environment, its character and threats and solutions). A specific topic for this category will be announced every month. Example: Rivers – their importance and threats.
- Photographs in digital format are to be uploaded from 1st to 10th day of every month to the special folder “Koodu-PhotoMuse Contest” in the Facebook group BAF-PhotoMuse Club. Pictures are to be 12 inches by 8 inches at 300 dpi, saved as JPEG at quality level 12. Pictures are to be authentic with minimal or no manipulations. Global corrections of colour, contrast, a reasonable amount of burning and dodging, and the removal of physical imperfections are allowed. Composite images to the extent that it alters reality are to be avoided.
- A photographer can upload up to three images every month. S/he will be responsible for all the copyrights and legal issues thereof. Only the copyright holders are allowed to participate. When a photographer uploads an image, it is implied that s/he is the legal copyright holder. Koodu Magazine reserves the right to publish the selected images in one of its editions. Copyright rests with the photographer.
- Three photographs will be selected every month as the first, second and third positions. A set of another 10 images, if qualified, will also be accepted for publication in Koodu Magazine. Along with certificates, the first place winner gets free subscription of Koodu Magazine for one year, the second place winner gets it for 6 months and the third place winner for 3 months. Three Annual Awards will also be selected every year with some exciting surprises. All the winners’ pictures will be published in one of the subsequent issues of Koodu Magazine and PhotoMuse website.
- The Jury consists of Dr. Unni Pulikkal S. (Director, PhotoMuse), Dileep Anthikkad ( Photo Editor, Koodu Magazine) , Praveen P. Mohandas ( Wildlife Photographer) and Abhilash Chacko (Art Director, Koodu Magazine). Annual awards will be juried by an eminent panel of photographers from the national/international level)